Monday, February 26, 2007

Back to the grind










Well after a poor start to 2007 I've only just got back to working on the car again after illness.
But I have made good progress and have now got the engine and gear box back together.
Fitted new clutch ass'y and new seals to clutch slave, replaced fuel pump gaskets, fitted new alternator.

I am now going to purchase a new starter motor as the one that came in the boxes of bits is the wrong one for this set up.
The thermostat needs replacing but will do that when the engine is fitted back in the car.

Also today I have started to deseam the body most of the grp mould is seam free only the joints on the front wings and rear quarter panels need attention. There is also some gel repairs required to the rear section of the boot /rear panel I hope to rectify this in the next few weeks.

We have now chosen the colour after a lot of looking and searching it is going to be painted in Royal Blue.
So as we now have the plan of attack (not set in stone) we have sorted out who is going to paint the car and I have decided to do it myself.
I know what you will all say but I feel that I can.
So this will be the next big expense costing it out at £300 for paint/primer/etch primer/thinners and any other bits and pieces.

No comments: